Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: April 5, 2023
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to Beat Cancer Foundation's website, www.beatcancerfoundation.org ("the Website").
The use of the Website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use ("Terms and Conditions"). By accessing or using the Website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions without limitation or qualification.
1. General Disclaimer The Website is provided by Beat Cancer Foundation ("BCF") for general informational purposes only. The information on the Website is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. The content, information, and materials available on the Website may not be the most up-to-date and may not be applicable to your particular situation. BCF does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this Website.
2. Endorsement BCF does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions of authors expressed on our Website do not necessarily state or reflect official positions of BCF, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
3. External Links BCF links to other internet sites for your convenience only. We are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other internet sites.
4. Medical Information This site is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment, or services to you or to any other individual. Through this site and linkages to other sites, we provide general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this site or through linkages to other sites is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation, or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.
5. FDA Warning This website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, and advice of a qualified licensed professional. This site offers people medical information and tells them their alternative medical options, but in no way should anyone consider that this site represents the practice of medicine. This site assumes no responsibility for how this material is used. Also note that this website frequently updates its contents, due to a variety of reasons; therefore, some information may be out of date. The statements regarding alternative treatments for cancer have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
6. Disclaimer of Liability All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this site is provided "as is," and no representations are made that the content is error-free. Consequences of dietary, topical or other use of any product is the sole responsibility of the customer.
7. Use of Website By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree that Beat Cancer Foundation and its contributors do NOT claim that any of the substances referred to on this website are cures, treatments, or remedies for any physical, mental, or spiritual malady that a human or animal may have. You also agree to immediately compare our information with information provided by the FDA and CDC. You acknowledge that the FDA and CDC are the ultimate authority to provide you information to keep you healthy. Any substance that has NOT been approved by the FDA or CDC, to treat or cure a medical condition, is potentially dangerous, and can lead to death or other terrible health effects.
8. Third-Party Websites and Content The Website may contain links to third-party websites and content. Such third-party websites and content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Website or any Third-Party Content available through the Website. Inclusion of or linking to any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by Beat Cancer Foundation. If you decide to leave the Website and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms of Service no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Website or relating to any applications you use or install from the Website. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
9. Responsibility and Liability You acknowledge that the contributors to the Website are not medical professionals, and you should never attempt to treat or cure any disease or medical condition without first consulting your physician. Beat Cancer Foundation and the contributors to the Website will not be held liable for any decisions you make regarding the treatment of any disease or condition. You are responsible for reading and following the manufacturer's directions on any and all products you choose to use. You are also required to double-check, confirm, and verify all data you enter into the fields on the Website, as well as all calculations and results provided to you.
10. Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Beat Cancer Foundation and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising from or relating to your use of the Website or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Amendments Beat Cancer Foundation reserves the right to modify or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by the current version of these Terms and Conditions.
12. Governing Law These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Website is accessed.
13. Correspondence All correspondence with Beat Cancer Foundation must be in English.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms and Conditions or the content of the Website, please contact us.